World RPS Bullboard
News: I swear I left a cheese sandwich right here. [shape] of [negative quality] sought for questioning.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 21, 2014, 10:29:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Masters of the Bullboard E-Tournament - Must have at least 250 posts to enter...  (Read 41752 times)
Rockefeller
Bullboard Jerk

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2004, 10:20:30 AM »

Wow, I didn't quite follow that exchange.

I'm all for whatever Brad suggests. His outline found further below looks good to me.

When do you all want to start? Would you rather do this before or after the New Year?

Rockefeller

winner of the 2003 Wojek Smallsoas Prize for Outstanding Contributions to the Art of Rock Paper Scissors
Brad Fox
Administrator
Bullboard Master

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2004, 12:42:54 PM »

Custardchuck,

I think you are reading too much flexability into my format. I had suggested a minimum of 9 Throws per e-mail, but that they would terminate as soon as a winner of a set was decided and not necessarily carry over into the next set.  (9 throws should be statistically enough to resolve most (but not all) sets).

Given your example both players would have to submit a minimum three gambits per e-mail - however they could submit more (ie: If you knew you were going on vacation for a week, you could submit all your throws at one and "let them ride").

ScissorsMan,

I thought about a seasonal format, but was dissuaded by the length it would require. My thinking was that it was better to try a shorter format and then, provided no major holes were discovered, adjust it for future tournaments.

As it stands, I think we'll find the tournament to take quite a while.

Barring any serious objection over the next 24 hours, I will consider my proposed format cannon for this inagural event.

The question of when you would like to begin is a good one, with the holidays approaching. Thoughts?

Head of Officiating WRPS
Head Referee, World Championships 2004-2008
Grand Marshall, World Championships 2009
custardchuk
Janitorial Staff
Bullboard Hall-of-Famer

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2004, 03:38:04 AM »

I would like to salvage a trophy out of an otherwise ordinary 2004.
I say we begin.
Beginning will have no influence on when we finish anyway.
Who am I playing and to what address do I send my triple gambit/gambits?

regards
custardchuk

We built a better tomorrow yesterday, that's why we have today free.
Rockefeller
Bullboard Jerk

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2004, 07:04:39 AM »

I have no objection to starting now, if it's understood that the tourney could go well into January. I don't expect people to ignore loved ones in order to get a gambit in on time.

Happy Festivas

Rockefeller

winner of the 2003 Wojek Smallsoas Prize for Outstanding Contributions to the Art of Rock Paper Scissors
Jef Hallestone
Janitorial Staff
Bullboard Jerk

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2004, 09:17:17 AM »

As eager as i am to beat everyone, all this talk (and no action)is making this feel like one of those homework assignements you give us.

That being the case, it is high time someone asked for an extension on this project.

Jef Hallestone
That's Jef with one"f"!
Brad Fox
Administrator
Bullboard Master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2004, 12:00:07 PM »

Tsk. Such Impatience.

Since no one seems to have problems with playing over the holidays, nor much interest in further discource (understandable when the alternative is high-level RPS) I will consider the "discussion" portion of the event closed. Here on in, as Rockefeller is competing, all decisions of the officiary will be final and as binding as a bureaucrat during an avalanche.

I will finalize the arrangements this evening and the tournament will begin forthwith!

Head of Officiating WRPS
Head Referee, World Championships 2004-2008
Grand Marshall, World Championships 2009
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: