World RPS Bullboard
News: I swear I left a cheese sandwich right here. [shape] of [negative quality] sought for questioning.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2014, 09:37:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: MOTBB04: Round 4 - custardchuk vs. Hagherty  (Read 19487 times)
Brad Fox
Administrator
Bullboard Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2005, 10:13:36 AM »

Round Four - Overtime:
custardchuk:       SRRRPSS - SS
James Hagherty: SSRRSSP  - SP

(Match custardchuk)

Score one for Murphy.  Congratulations to custardchuk who will advance to the semi-finals.

To clarify Chuk's question about changing throws: Once a throw is submitted (via e-mail, bullboard, etc.), throws are considered "final" just as in delivery of a final prime in live play.

The only exception is in the antiquated case of match via trained courier animal (usually pigeons) which has an elaborate codex clarifying the protocol of resubmits in the event that some (or all) of the courier animals did not reach their targets with messages intact. Even in this case where the rules to not specifically disallow altering resubmitted throws it was considered bad-form to re-try the submission with anything other than a message identical to that first sent.

Since such matches have not been in vogue for some time, it's safe to say that "a throw played, is a throw played".

Head of Officiating WRPS
Head Referee, World Championships 2004-2008
Grand Marshall, World Championships 2009
James Hagherty
Bullboard Jerk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2005, 01:07:06 PM »

Congratulations CC.

In this case the better man won.

By that, I mean, the better man at RPS. And by that I mean the better man at these prolonged virtual slugfests. From an objective point of view one would have a hell of a time choosing the true better man between us, with so few redeaming features available between us.

James
Deputy Operator Technology Bureau
"When your only tool is a rock, everything looks like scissors"
custardchuk
Janitorial Staff
Bullboard Hall-of-Famer

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2005, 05:52:12 PM »

Thank you, James.
From an objective point of view one would have a hell of a time choosing the true better man between us,

It's like asking, "Which is your favourite disease?"

regards
custardchuk[/color]

We built a better tomorrow yesterday, that's why we have today free.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: