World RPS Bullboard
News: Developing Story: C. Urbanus "up to something in Philadelphia"

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 28, 2014, 02:12:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Pabst Blue Ribbon Philadelphia RPS City League  (Read 16393 times)
C. Urbanus
Global Moderator
Bullboard Master

View Profile WWW
« on: April 03, 2006, 10:52:34 PM »

FYI, all

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pabst Blue Ribbon announces Philadelphia Rock Paper Scissors City League

Pabst Blue Ribbon is pleased to announce the Pabst Blue Ribbon Philadelphia Rock Paper Scissors City League Championship Series.  This event is fully endorsed by the World Rock Paper Scissors Society, the governing body of the sport throughout the world.  

Pabst Blue Ribbon has become a strong supporter of local RPS action throughout the country, sponsoring
local events in several markets.  Pabst strongly believes in allowing RPS enthusiasts to coordinate
events, as opposed to a prominent beer company that appoints representatives with very little interest or
care for the sport to handle local tournament affairs.

The PBRPRPSCLCS will take place at a variety of venues throughout the City every Monday through Thursday
beginning on April 10.  The season will culminate in the crowning of the PBR RPS City League Championship
Invitational on June 17th. The PBR Philadelphia City League Champion will take home the prestigious title,
trophy and $1,000 prize.  Player points will be awarded depending upon how each individual competitor
fares in nightly competitions.  The top 64 competitors at the end of the season will be invited to compete
for the PBRPRPSCLCS Championship title.  Players are awarded 1 point simply for participation.  In addition
to their City League points, winners of the nightly tournaments will receive a gift certificate to the
venue hosting the event along with a City League t-shirt and of course the envy of all of their friends, family and fellow competitors.

For more information regarding the PBR Philadelphia RPS CLCS please visit www.rpscityleague.com or
www.myspace.com/rpscityleague for a full schedule, scoring procedures, mailing list sign up, rules and
"street RPS" tournaments that will be occurring simultaneously to win even more points and prizes.

Sincerely,

C. Urbanus
2005 International World Championships Round of 16 qualifier
2007 International World Championships Round of 32 Qualifier
2010 Toronto Invitational Champion
"Paper is the answer, should Rock be the question."
Brad Fox
Administrator
Bullboard Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 12:52:25 PM »

Since Urbanus seems hesitant to toot his own horn in this (which would be a bullboard first), allow me to publicly applaud the PBRPRPSCLCS, who (I am informed by water cooler gossip) have appointed C. as comissioner of the new league.

As both a respected competitor, and one of the very select number of I-1 certified referees (at last count there were less than two dozen active I-1's worldwide) I have no doubt that Urbanus will ensure the training of the PBRPRPSCLCS officials be of the highest caliber.

Head of Officiating WRPS
Head Referee, World Championships 2004-2008
Grand Marshall, World Championships 2009
rhymeswithsausage
Bullboard Regular

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 03:36:24 PM »

I am happy to be taking part as a competitor in the PBRPRPSCLCS, if only for the chance to constantly pronounce the bitchin acronym.

Sausage.  Rhymeswithsausage.
Associate Manager Artistic Affairs - Film Department
Founding Member- Team David Bowie's Package
Rockefeller
Bullboard Jerk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 03:48:25 PM »

Quote from: "rhymeswithsausage"
I am happy to be taking part as a competitor in the PBRPRPSCLCS, if only for the chance to constantly pronounce the bitchin acronym.

Good Luck Rhymeswithsausage! You have the support of Artistic Affairs!

Rockefeller

winner of the 2003 Wojek Smallsoas Prize for Outstanding Contributions to the Art of Rock Paper Scissors
martinburley
Janitorial Staff
Bullboard Jerk

flow with the throw

martinburley@hotmail.com martinburley
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 04:05:40 PM »

Hey, maybe 'PBRPRPSCLCS' rhymes with sausage?  Smiley

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It is about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
C. Urbanus
Global Moderator
Bullboard Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 10:19:13 PM »

Attention!

PBRPRPSCLCS action starts tonight!

We will crown the best RPS player in Philadelphia (who isn't named Urbanus, that is) in a short 9 weeks.

See you all there.

Sincerely,

C. Urbanus
rhymeswithsausage
Bullboard Regular

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 09:05:43 AM »

A quick update on the PBRPRPSCLCS standings.  I have been warned by the esteemed C. Urbanus that I might usurp his position as The Most Consistent Player in RPS.  Out of 4 nights of tournament play, I have been defeated in the first round three times.  I am not letting this slow me down, though.  Oh no.  I consider these losses to be an implementation of The Urbanus Defense on a grand scale.  See the progress chart right over here (look for PJ Rhymeswithsausage).  If I keep showing up (and losing early) every week, I think I'll have a good chance at making the Top 64 (and losing early).

My compatriot Zombie Llama did well the first week, making it to the finals and then choking.  Choking hard.  And last night, another compatriot by the name of BACONSHARK also made it to the finals, and also choked.  But not as hard as Zombie Llama.  (I choke every match, so I can say these things.)

The word on the street is that next Monday's match at The Khyber will be the stuff of legend, as it is C. Urbanus' Birthday Celebration.  If you find yourself on the East Coast of these United States, I'd strongly recommend you make the trip.

Sausage.  Rhymeswithsausage.
Associate Manager Artistic Affairs - Film Department
Founding Member- Team David Bowie's Package
Master Roshambollah
Greatest Player in RPS History (retired)
Global Moderator
Bullboard Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 03:26:07 PM »

Congratulations to Johnny Goodtimes, winner of the PBRPRPSCLCS.

C. Urbanus
Global Moderator
Bullboard Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 06:24:00 PM »

Sincerely,

C. Urbanus
C. Urbanus
Global Moderator
Bullboard Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 09:12:18 PM »

Also, if anyone has any interest in a PBRPRPSCLCS t-shirt (modeled below) send me a PM or e-mail.

Sincerely,

C. Urbanus
Wayne
Bullboard Veteran

runepets
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 09:41:46 AM »

omg, why r u smoking?!?!?

don't u noe how bad smoking is for u?

don;t you remember in middle and high school, teachers always say don't smoke, and don't do drugs...

i can't understand ppl who smoke.... doing drugs is more understandable

ayne Chaw
One of the first believers of RPS in my school
Might start an RPS club in my high school
Any help would be appreciated
Jef Hallestone
Janitorial Staff
Bullboard Jerk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 10:47:16 AM »

Just one of the many dangers of playing Street RPS too much, it turns you into a smoker

Jef Hallestone
That's Jef with one"f"!
Wayne
Bullboard Veteran

runepets
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 12:17:27 PM »

haha, or a drug dealer

ayne Chaw
One of the first believers of RPS in my school
Might start an RPS club in my high school
Any help would be appreciated
Midnight Rider
Bullboard Veteran

I MUST have a "thank you masked man"!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 10:40:21 AM »

Johnny Goodtimes is a lily-livered punk who couldn't scissors his way out of a paper bag.  I've beat him myself, at last year's Keystone Classic, after he called me out.  I didn't even break a sweat.  If this is the best that Philly has to offer, I sure feel sorry for them.  I'd challenge him to a grudge match, but I'm pretty sure that he would take the coward's way out and retire, like so many yellow dogs before him.

Champion: 2005 Atlantic Yards Smackdown, 2005 Winter Solstice Invitational. Third Place: 2006 Keystone Classic. Final 8: 2005 Keystone Classic. Competitor: 2005-2008 Internationals, 2005-2007 Roshambo Winery, 2007 Philly City League. Absent: 2008 Roshambo
C. Urbanus
Global Moderator
Bullboard Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 12:35:39 PM »

Midnight Rider,

I take great offense at your views concerning the Philadelphia RPS scene.  These players have just undergone a rigorous 10 week season, which has raised all of their level of play (for the mostpart) to the highest level it has ever been.

The idea that Johnny Goodtimes is less of a RPS player because you beat him once almost a year ago is ludicrous.  He, like the other City League competitors, has put more time into studying the game the past few months than many do in a lifetime.

Your idea of calling out the Champ is akin to Ruxpin referring to himself as a better player than myself due to his victory against me in Toronto in 2002.  Since that time I have grown as a player, whereas he has no doubt regressed.  Your one victory over Johnny Goodtimes was but a bump in the road that Champion Johnny Goodtimes travelled on his way to glory.  It is in the past.

From what I understand, there will be a large Philadelphia contingent in Toronto (and most likely DC as well...if you have the guts to show up there) this year.  You would do well simply to lose to a player of this calibur.  

As you like to say, "notice has been served".  The notice in question is that Philadelphia is the RPS capital of this country.  Come and play here again and you may not fare so well as in the past.

Good day.

Sincerely,

C. Urbanus
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: