World RPS Bullboard
News: WRPS IT department sees "face of Wojek" in toasted bagel, refuse to fix database until mandatory week of observance, partying.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 02, 2014, 05:38:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]
  Print  
Author Topic: RPS Ladder Tournament!  (Read 270912 times)
custardchuk
Janitorial Staff
Bullboard Hall-of-Famer

View Profile Email
« Reply #315 on: September 29, 2008, 07:08:09 AM »

If we were running it you'ld have a couple of autographed photos of myself at least.
Typical of burley. Promise the world and deliver nothing.

regards
custardchuk

We built a better tomorrow yesterday, that's why we have today free.
srn347
Village Idiot
Bullboard Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 29, 2008, 11:18:02 AM »

Wayne has just forfeited my challenge(again) so I beat him 4-3. And I have just challenged master rosh. I have been waiting for this moment!

Welcome, seekers

srn347
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 02:22:47 PM by srn347 » Logged
StrategicForces

Strategic Forces to the rescue!

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 04, 2008, 05:12:14 PM »

Important announcement:

The Strategic Forces Department's review of martinburley's handling of the RPS Ladder Tournament has uncovered a number of irregularities.

In consequence, we are taking the following measures:

(1) Master Roshambollah is hereby removed from the ladder tournament

Note: Master Roshambollah technically resigned from the ladder tournament several days ago, shortly before we were about to pass a resolution to expel him from the ladder. We believe he received a tip-off that our investigations were bearing fruit, and "jumped before he was pushed".

Any on-going matches that Master Roshambollah is currently competing in are hereby ruled null and void, and will not count towards the ladder tournament. (Players in other matches can continue and complete their matches as per normal.)

(2) A review of the recent results in the ladder tournament is underway. The ladder standings will be updated and the Sep 21st winners will be confirmed.

(3) Prizes, confiscated from martinburley's possessions, will be sent to the winners of the June 21st tournament, since martinburley was in charge of the ladder at the time (see this announcement). As he was no longer in control of the ladder tournament by Sep 21st, we are legally unable to provide prizes to the winners of that season.

(4) The format of the tournament may be changed. This is under discussion. While there were no major flaws with the current format, some high-level WRPSS officials believe that it would be inappropriate to continue with the format martinburley designed, given that he is currently in disgrace and soon to be in custody (again).

Further announcements to follow.

Mr. Jonas Paladin, Acting Head of the Strategic Forces Department

Strategic Forces Department Chief
Franklint
Bullboard Master

It's all in the wrist.

wpridmore@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 05, 2008, 03:52:55 AM »

I'm hoping that the new management will get the Ladder Tournament rolling along nicely again.

Has a new official been chosen to handle the running of said tournament, with martinburley still on the run? Just, please God, not one of the Walkers. What about Smallsoa, or someone from another department, like old ref Crabtree?

EDIT: By the way, I took the liberty of compiling all 95 World RPS Society trading cards into a convenient .zip file so that no one else has to go through the hours of tedium in saving them all to their computer. Use WinZip or BOMArchiveHelper to open the file. Here's the link: http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/29/436165/WRPSS%20Trading%20cards.zip

Cheers,
Franklint
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 04:34:57 AM by Franklint » Logged

-Winner of the Best New Bull Boarder of 2007 award.
-First ever Expert RPS Player born of the Roshambollah Training Systems RPS program.
-First ever Australian to lose to a Norwegian in competition play.
R Cohrs
Bullboard Master

Relax. It's just a game.

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 05, 2008, 10:49:31 PM »

That autographed pic of chuk is sounding pretty nice.  Too much disgrace in the world today.  What a turbulent time (for RPS players).

Zapp: Leela, you forgot one thing.  Rock crushes scissors.  But paper covers rock... and scissors cut paper!  Kif, we have a conundrum!  Bring me a rock... and search them for paper. (Futurama's back baby!)

http://www.youtube.com/user/GodSlayerNES
R Cohrs
Bullboard Master

Relax. It's just a game.

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 12, 2008, 03:11:44 AM »

Still checking the mail.  Was secretly hoping it would be 2 plane tix to Toronto. martin should have my address if he checks his PM.

Zapp: Leela, you forgot one thing.  Rock crushes scissors.  But paper covers rock... and scissors cut paper!  Kif, we have a conundrum!  Bring me a rock... and search them for paper. (Futurama's back baby!)

martinburley
Janitorial Staff
Bullboard Jerk

flow with the throw

martinburley@hotmail.com martinburley
View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: October 12, 2008, 01:10:33 PM »

Not two plane tix unfortunately, but it's in the post this week. Apologies for delay.

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It is about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Kid123
Bullboard Regular

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 12, 2008, 10:16:01 PM »

The current standing topic or whatever needs to get updated. Anyway, I challenge max since rosh has left the tournament before I could beat him.

Welcome, seekers

srn347

the current standing never needs updated because it is current.  therefore there is no need to look into the futuer by examining the past

OC_Kid123
Junior Consultant Technology Corps
"Fresh" Prince of DDS
Smack-tik-o-bammer of Jef Hallestone
R Cohrs
Bullboard Master

Relax. It's just a game.

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 12, 2008, 10:51:44 PM »

Man now I've got nothing to beef about!  Half the fun was just giving you a hard time martin.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]
  Print  

Jump to: