World RPS Bullboard
: Developing Story: C. Urbanus "up to something in Philadelphia"

Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. April 28, 2017, 11:33:41 PM

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Roshambull  (Read 10975 times)

Master Roshambollah

• Greatest Player in RPS History (retired)
  • Global Moderator
  • Bullboard Legend
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/65301088
Roshambull
« on: March 21, 2011, 11:12:14 PM »

For years I have decried "fake online fantasy rps." The main reason is that I choose to paint myself as a reactionary; by standing against the tide as a member of the Old Guard, I hope to reap benefits from both sides of the fence.

Still, the facebook Roshambull application (sponsored by Red Bull) has in many ways succeeded in presenting RPS Culture to a broader realm. Roshambull Series play is well organized (thanks to James Heyes) and competitive. More interestingly, Roshambull retains many players from year to year, and many of these "fake players" have a certain measure of respect among the RPS cognoscenti. I, myself, was able to take the #1 position on the application with very little effort, and have held it with even less. The current Top 10 on Roshambull contains at least six names well known by the Bull Board, and with good reason.

This thread is not intended to be a marketing place for Heyes' World Series, or a jumping point for individual challenges. Rather, it is intended as an ongoing meditation on the role of online rps in relation to Real RPS.

Any input is appreciated; if you are even a casual online rps player, why do you play? What keeps you involved, series after series? Do you keep the same strategy over time or cycle it? Or do you just waste time with a random generator, as at least one "top player" does? Any thoughts on online rps play are welcome, and it is my hope that the "Ladder Tournament" forum be replaced with a more inclusive "Online RPS" designation. In the sport of RPS, the past is the past. It is my hope that online rps will help lead us all to a glorious new future.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:37:29 AM by Master Roshambollah »

Maxamillion

• Bullboard Veteran
  • (AKA) Dr. SPRock
    • View Profile
Re: Roshambull
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 02:35:04 PM »

I am with you on this one.
"It is my hope that online rps will help lead us all to a glorious new future"

There is a future where on line & face up rps share & link the On Line networks, airways & stage venues each complimenting the other.
for me on line is potentially a first step to that future.

Max
Master of the Bull Board Champion 2009

TGOTT

• Bullboard Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 04:44:40 PM »

Maybe it is time for some of the Roshambullers to learn about the Bullboard?
If this forum is to be used, might be a idea to invite the Elite Players from the WS here for now?
(Anna,Erik,Monika,Andrew,Carol,Andy,Mark D,Mark T, etc etc)
MOTBB2009 Bronze Medal
RWS Series 1 - Final 12
RWS Series 2 - Final 16
RWS Series 3 - 10th

rellis44

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 08:52:52 AM »

when is the RPS tournament

TGOTT

• Bullboard Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 03:44:34 PM »

The 2011 Season has started after its new scheduling plan took place from March. The Blitz and World Team Challenge have finished, but The 5th World Series starts July 4th, and the Playoffs are scheduled to start at the end of November

MOTBB2009 Bronze Medal
RWS Series 1 - Final 12
RWS Series 2 - Final 16
RWS Series 3 - 10th
Pages: [1]