World RPS Bullboard
: Developing Story: C. Urbanus "up to something in Philadelphia"

Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. November 23, 2017, 08:04:37 PM

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New RPS blog  (Read 5438 times)

Franklint

• Bullboard Master
  • It's all in the wrist.
    • MSN Messenger - wpridmore@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
New RPS blog
« on: August 19, 2012, 09:33:33 AM »

Dear Bullboardians,

As a Media & Communications student at the University of Melbourne, I have been tasked with setting up a blog, with regular posts for approximately ten weeks. As RPS is an area in which I am well-versed, I have decided that this will be its topic. The intended audience is regular amateur and professional RPS players. Although the first two posts have been fairly non-technical, I hope to increase the intensity as the weeks progress.

You can expect to see some posts about history, some interviews with superstars, a review of Rock Paper Scissors: A Geek Tragedy, and information on strategies. Your input is most appreciated, both as article suggestions, and as comments and discussion on posts. The posts must be written by me for the first ten weeks but, at the conclusion of assessment, I am more than open to bringing in guest authors, or perhaps recruiting another regular editor to keep the blog going. That will, of course, depend almost entirely on readership.

In Three Minds can be viewed by going to: http://inthreemindsrps.wordpress.com/

Many thanks, and may the throws be with you.

Cheers,
Franklint
-Winner of the Best New Bull Boarder of 2007 award.
-First ever Expert RPS Player born of the Roshambollah Training Systems RPS program.
-First ever Australian to lose to a Norwegian in competition play.

custardchuk

• Janitorial Staff
  • Bullboard Hall-of-Famer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New RPS blog
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 09:48:57 AM »

It's an interesting idea, Will, promoting your own replacement RPS website on the website that made you.
What is it they say about kids? "You bring them up and they kick you in the guts."
I've been around long enough now that nothing much surprises me however I will admit to being mildly caught out with this one.
Generation Y, eh?
Y do I have to prove myself?, Y can't I start on 100k?, Y should i work like my forebears?, Y don't I get respect for who i am and not what I do?
I can't say i respect what you are doing, however, if you can rekindle interest in RPS, and get sponsors, and promote the players, I will consider working with you.
For the good of the sport.

regards
custardchuk

We built a better tomorrow yesterday, that's why we have today free.

Master Roshambollah

• Greatest Player in RPS History (retired)
  • Global Moderator
  • Bullboard Legend
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/65301088
Re: New RPS blog
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 10:33:10 AM »

There you have it, folks. Custardchuk's three-step plan to save the sport. For those of you not paying attention:

1 - rekindle interest in RPS
2 - get sponsors
3 - promote the players

To save the sport, one must do all three of these things. Two alone are not enough. Those who only rekindle interest in RPS and promote the players will find their efforts amount to nought. The same applies to those who get sponsors and promote the players but fail to rekindle general interest in RPS, as well as to those who rekindle interest and get sponsors, but do not promote the players. Those who are able to do all three of these things will not only save the sport, but will also find their true Will, the Great Work, the Summum Bonum, True Wisdom and Perfect Happiness.

Pages: [1]