World RPS Bullboard
: Society News: Alex Apter seen "back on the job", may also have just been digging through dumpster for food / shelter.

Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. November 23, 2017, 08:05:05 PM

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Breathing new life into the bullboard  (Read 5708 times)

James Hagherty

• Bullboard Jerk
    • View Profile
    • http://www.worldrps.com
Breathing new life into the bullboard
« on: May 29, 2015, 02:53:02 PM »

Is it possible?
James
Deputy Operator Technology Bureau
"When your only tool is a rock, everything looks like scissors"

Master Roshambollah

• Greatest Player in RPS History (retired)
  • Global Moderator
  • Bullboard Legend
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/65301088
Re: Breathing new life into the bullboard
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 11:14:14 AM »

Stranger things have happened...

James Hagherty

• Bullboard Jerk
    • View Profile
    • http://www.worldrps.com
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 03:19:08 PM »

Wow, that was a pretty kind way of saying "not a chance".
James
Deputy Operator Technology Bureau
"When your only tool is a rock, everything looks like scissors"

The Saint

• Bullboard Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 07:16:30 PM »

Like Master Roshambollah winning at a game of RPS that isn't "made for TV." Sure looked good though, I'll admit.
The Saint

"In the name of the Rock, the Scissors, and the Horizontal Paper, Amen"

custardchuk

• Janitorial Staff
  • Bullboard Hall-of-Famer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 02:08:49 AM »

I hear LP records and valve radios are making a resurgence. I'm with Rosh.
We built a better tomorrow yesterday, that's why we have today free.

R Cohrs

• Bullboard Master
  • Relax. It's just a game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 10:41:15 PM »

lol I still check the boards from time to time :) And always advertising, hence why I saw this now
Zapp: Leela, you forgot one thing.  Rock crushes scissors.  But paper covers rock... and scissors cut paper!  Kif, we have a conundrum!  Bring me a rock... and search them for paper. (Futurama's back baby!)

http://www.youtube.com/user/GodSlayerNES

Fisted Sophist

• Bullboard Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 08:46:34 AM »

Gentlemen,

Great to see you all again. I've been working on a long-term project (5+ years) in Theoretical Throws, and am finally coming up for air.  I'm somewhat saddened to see a relatively inactive BullBoard, while acknowledging my own contribution to this state.  Hope all is going well with your rock, your paper, and your scissors.

Fisted Sophist
National Executive, Theoretical Throws Bureau
"Rock still beats scissors."

R Cohrs

• Bullboard Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 04:07:49 AM »

A project 5 years in the making sounds like an immense undertaking
Zapp: Leela, you forgot one thing.  Rock crushes scissors.  But paper covers rock... and scissors cut paper!  Kif, we have a conundrum!  Bring me a rock... and search them for paper. (Futurama's back baby!)

M i/a ster Brilliant

• Bullboard Veteran
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - sixblueten
    • View Profile
    • http://www.todbrilliant.com
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 12:19:38 AM »

It is very, very possible.

I've only just returned from my research quest in Tennessee and have so much I'd love to discuss with my RPS brothers and sisters.

R Cohrs

• Bullboard Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 11:31:22 PM »

Sitting on the back porch and thinking about RPS and what a great part of life it's been.  Seems like there's no way to post a new thread, but had some memories.  I don't always want to post about RPS on Facebook 'cause this was home for way longer.  A home's still a place you go back to every once in a while, so here goes.

My favorite RPS memories:

1:  Finding out that this community existed via Rolling Stone, and having the privilege to speak with people I'd only read about.

2:  Going to a WorldRPS event at a car dealership in some random Michigan town not too far from me.  Going through the back door to watch players duke it out in a weird back room like the time Wayne opens the door to flame-throwing spies in Wayne's World.  Not even competing, just there to support.

3:  The World RPS tourney!!!  Toronto with Master Rosh, Custardchuk, the Walker Bros....  so many more!!  So effing awesome (Yes I lost to Yanis in Street RPS but I did have a higher win % against him....  :) )

4:  Learning how to play Korean Gai Bai Bo with my feet at a bar!!  Ha!!

5:  Playing Jan Ken Pon against my friends on a train in Japan!!  Learning a variation of the game that I no longer remember. 

6:  Finding the World RPS handbook in the library when I was teaching high school.  Getting the kids excited about something bigger.

7:  Winning RPS matches against coworkers to get out of horrible days.  "You do know I'm in the World RPS Society right" :)

8:  Telling my dad about this group and playing against him.

9:  Hearing incredible stories about the RPS members in the media.

10:  People reading this.  Wow!  Thank you :)

Franklint

• Bullboard Master
  • It's all in the wrist.
    • MSN Messenger - wpridmore@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 03:19:14 AM »

Sitting on the back porch and thinking about RPS and what a great part of life it's been.  Seems like there's no way to post a new thread, but had some memories.  I don't always want to post about RPS on Facebook 'cause this was home for way longer.  A home's still a place you go back to every once in a while, so here goes.

My favorite RPS memories:

1:  Finding out that this community existed via Rolling Stone, and having the privilege to speak with people I'd only read about.

2:  Going to a WorldRPS event at a car dealership in some random Michigan town not too far from me.  Going through the back door to watch players duke it out in a weird back room like the time Wayne opens the door to flame-throwing spies in Wayne's World.  Not even competing, just there to support.

3:  The World RPS tourney!!!  Toronto with Master Rosh, Custardchuk, the Walker Bros....  so many more!!  So effing awesome (Yes I lost to Yanis in Street RPS but I did have a higher win % against him....  :) )

4:  Learning how to play Korean Gai Bai Bo with my feet at a bar!!  Ha!!

5:  Playing Jan Ken Pon against my friends on a train in Japan!!  Learning a variation of the game that I no longer remember. 

6:  Finding the World RPS handbook in the library when I was teaching high school.  Getting the kids excited about something bigger.

7:  Winning RPS matches against coworkers to get out of horrible days.  "You do know I'm in the World RPS Society right" :)

8:  Telling my dad about this group and playing against him.

9:  Hearing incredible stories about the RPS members in the media.

10:  People reading this.  Wow!  Thank you :)

R Cohrs, fantastic to see some activity from your good self on this almighty discussion board for the greatest of sports. I share your concerns about the current inactivity of the Bullboard, although I would urge you not to despair - there is no doubt in my mind that the once-great WRPSS will return, with a vengeance, to its former glory. Certain well-known figures in the scene are machinating and ruminating, so hopefully we hear some news within the next two planetary orbits. You and I are, of course, available to support and spread the word, when it is needed. In the interim, I too hope some more functionality of the Bullboard returns. Maybe Jef can help.

Your memories of happy times are inspired. The key points that shine through are that RPS has helped you make friends, transcend cultural barriers, and secure victory in your personal life. What positive contributions these are to the world. You were lucky enough to attend a World Championship; I only managed to make it to the Roshambo Winery tournament in its heyday (still extremely fun, and an important international destination on the global Professional circuit). This, along with competing in the Tasmanian State Championships and hanging out with Rosh in Washington, are some of my fondest memories.

Hold your WRPSS membership card up with pride; it is a sign of your commitment to decision-making, and to the world's most incredible strategy game.

RPS will rise like a phoenix from the flames. I look forward to joining you by the fireside when it does.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 03:04:55 PM by Franklint »
-Winner of the Best New Bull Boarder of 2007 award.
-First ever Expert RPS Player born of the Roshambollah Training Systems RPS program.
-First ever Australian to lose to a Norwegian in competition play.

Maxamillion

• Bullboard Veteran
  • (AKA) Dr. SPRock
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 01:20:39 PM »

Hi r.cohrs & franklin, good to see you are still posting!
Perhaps I could add a fond memory to your lists.
R.Cohrs was the first winner of on line SPROCK game. Successfully claiming the 10gbp prize fund & champion title to start the wall of fame.
Franklint was instrumental in making it a successful game taking on the role of SPROCK Game Master.

Thanks to you both there was a live follow up in Leeds uk where it was played at a LURPS tournament.
Happy day's!
Ps I c the 10th Uk RPS Championship is on in London Nov 19th.
The game go's on so bull board life may not always be a memory!!!
Happy returns
Max
Master of the Bull Board Champion 2009
Pages: [1]